Fixed Ps4 Error Ce-34878-0 – A very undesirable condition when we are playing a game but suddenly the system cannot respond properly, causing the game to be hampered.
That’s what we will discuss this time, namely how to fix the PS4 CE-34878-0 error.
Because it turns out that there are many gamers out there who often encounter the error code but have not been able to find a solution option.
In order to make the gaming experience more satisfying, please continue to read our explanation below regarding the fix for the CE-34878-0 error on PS4. But before that, first, identify the cause of the problem that can arise.
When Do You Get Error Code CE-34878-0?
Most likely, you might receive this error if you leave the game suspended for a longer period of time.
So the simple advice is when you’re not playing the game, make sure to close the game by holding down the [PS] button and selecting “Close App” to close it. But you can also get errors while you are playing the game.
Generally, the error indicates that the game you are playing is currently stuck. If you get an error while in the middle of the game, you have to restart the game.
But if you keep getting this error, again and again, it is an indication that something is wrong.
Causes of CE-34878-0 Error on PS4
How can this problem occur? What do you think is the cause? The first code CE-34878-0 does not include exclusive damage, so the potential for errors to appear in other games is still very possible.
This means that the game you are playing has crashed, after which the device will sound and give an error notification signal that CE-34878-0 is the main concern.
The main factor why this problem can arise is different and not due to bugs in PC4 itself. Signs that this is due to a bug are that the game console only reports an error once or twice and isn’t too serious.
Then other causes could be due to expired games, outdated PC tapes and even many corrupt files stored in the game.
Then lastly, if this error code often appears continuously, you must suspect hardware such as a damaged hard drive disc.
After knowing enough about the cause of the damage this time, we just have to go into the steps on how to fix the CE-34878-0 error on PS4.
How To Easily Fix Ps4 Error Ce-34878-0 
Actually, you can avoid this damage by anticipating it in advance. PS4 will experience stress if players leave the game they have finished using and continue to be on standby and don’t close it by holding down the PS button and then selecting the Close Application option.
For further information on how to fix the CE-34878-0 error on PS4, you can apply the following options:
Method 1: Update PS4
The system update step is always believed to be able to fix errors that occur in an internal program device.
One of them is PS4…please update all the games you have or some games that like to cause the CE-34878-0 error.
- Turn on the PS4.
- Make sure you are on the PS4 home screen.
- Connect PS4 with an internet connection.
- Enter the advanced menu that appears above the PS4 home screen, then press the Settings button.
- Then navigate to the System Software Update Menu button.
- After confirming confirm the Next button to start the PS4 software update.
- Wait for the update process to complete.
- If you have just restarted the PS4.
Method 2: Reboot PS4
Sometimes by doing simple things like restarting the device, it is believed to relieve stress on the console and reset the problem instantly.
- When the PS4 turns on, first press the PS button on the stick to release the connection to the PS4.
- Press and hold the PS power button to turn off the system.
- Unplug all connected cables on the back of the PS console.
- Allow a minute then plug it in again and turn on the PS4, including reconnecting the stick connection.
Method 3: Turn off Face Recognition
Based on some user statements out there, the majority of this disabled face recognition option is quite effective in solving the problem. For how to follow below:
- Go to the PS4 home screen.
- Swap up to bring up the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the Login Settings menu.
- Then turn off Enable Face Recognition.
Method 4: Delete Cache Files On PS4
The way to fix the CE-34878-0 error on the last PS4 is to delete the cache files on the device.
The existence of these junk files if allowed to accumulate does like to hamper system performance. Even its existence can trigger bugs or viruses.
- When the PS4 is on, press and hold the PS button on the PS controller.
- After that select, the option Turn off PS4.
- Wait for the PS4 to turn off for 10 to 20 seconds.
- If you have, you can reactivate the PS4.
Method 5: Manually Change the Console Display Settings
Some users have reported that manually changing the resolution to a different one than the one you are using fixes this problem. This may be due to a bug with the PS4’s display capabilities.
To change the resolution of your PS4:
- Go to Settings
- Select Voice and Screen.
- Select Video Output Settings.
- Select Resolution.
- Choose the resolution of your choice.
If the problem does not resolve after changing the resolution, you can revert to the default resolution (usually 1080p).
Method 6: Troubleshoot Hard Disk Problems
We know that the original hard drive on many PS4 units is very limited given the large installation space required by many games.
If you recently upgraded your hard drive but are facing CE-34878-0, try reinstalling the original hard drive to see if the new one is the cause.
Once you confirm that the problem is caused by a new hard drive, be sure to reformat it to the FAT, FAT32, or exFAT standard. This is what the PS4 supports.
In order for the PS4 to read the hard drive without problems, you can reformat it on your console.
Be sure to use a USB 3.0 cable (if you are trying to connect an external hard drive) and not a standard but slower USB cable.
- Go to Settings
- Select Device.
- Select a USB Storage Device and select your external hard drive.
- Select Format as Extended Storage and tap X.
- Select Next and tap X.
- Select Format and tap X.
- Select Yes and tap X.
- Select OK and tap X.
Method 7: Rebuild the Console Database
If you have already formatted the hard drive using the PS4 but the CE-34878-0 error keeps appearing, the next thing you want to do is try to rebuild the database. You can also do this even if you did not change the original hard drive at all.
- Turn off the PS4 completely.
- Once the console is completely off, press and hold the Power button on the PS4 front panel until you hear two beeps.
- Release the Power button after the second beep, which should occur about seven seconds after the first beep.
- Connect your controller to the console using a USB cable then press the PlayStation button.
- In the Safe Mode menu, select Option 5 [Develop Database].
Method 8: Restore the Firmware Settings to Default (Factory Reset)
If you’re using the original hard drive but the CE-34878-0 error appears when you’re playing a game, or when you’re trying to load the system, try to see if you can reset the console from the factory.
There are two ways to perform a factory reset either through the Settings menu or through Safe Mode.
We recommend that you go through Safe Mode, such as rebuilding the database but instead of selecting Option 5, select Option 7 (PS4 Startup / System Software Reinstall).
The Final Word
More or less the tips above are how to fix the CE-34878-0 error on PS4 that the tech mania team can present. Please select one to repair the system from malfunction CE-34878-0. Hope it is useful.