Wondering how to restore archived Instagram posts? It’s tricky, but it’s not too difficult to try.
Instagram recently gave birth to a variety of new features that are useful for maximizing the user experience while surfing social media, sharing photos and videos.
One of its interesting features is the archive feature.
Get to know the Archive Feature on Instagram
Since being acquired by Facebook some time ago, Instagram’s prestige as a photo and video sharing platform has been increasing.
With millions of users, of course, various features must be presented so that this application is always loved by its users.
There are a lot of Instagram features that users may not know about nor have they explored. One of the features of this archive.
So what exactly is an archive on Instagram?
Archive or Archives on Instagram is a feature that is found in the Instagram application by default.
This feature, as the name implies, allows users to archive or hide their Instagram posts.
Later, users can at will to hide but not completely delete their Instagram posts permanently. Very interesting, right?
Reasons for the Need to Archive Instagram Posts
Maybe many of you are still wondering, what is the real reason for the need to archive Instagram posts?
Well, here are some interesting reasons why archiving Instagram posts in this digital age is important.
- 1. Instagram is prone to plagiarism
Many Instagram users share their work, for example, Digital Artists who are very passionate about creativity.
Instagram is also considered a suitable place to be used as a portfolio.
Unfortunately in this free digital era, it is very easy to acquire a work that is not one’s own or the language of plagiarism is easy.
So that archiving Instagram posts so that the work is not recognized by others is the solution.
- 2. A lot of harassment happens on Instagram
The term cyberbullying, aka online bullying, cannot be separated from the use of social media platforms, including Instagram.
The frequent cases of harassment that occur on Instagram where the comment feature is often used by irresponsible people make this archive feature a way out to break the chain of cyberbullying through the Instagram application.
- 3. Useful archive feature to forget the past
Breakup moments where many users want to forget their past can be represented by the archive feature which will archive, save, and hide Instagram posts that you don’t like anymore.
- 4. Prevent fraud
The negative impact of the free use of social media is that it is prone to fraud on behalf of innocent people.
Of course, you don’t want to be a victim, do you?
Therefore, you can archive Instagram posts that are in the form of personal information, such as facial selfies, you can consider using the archive feature.
How to Restore Archived Instagram Posts Quickly
Not infrequently users also find it difficult to restore archived Instagram posts because they don’t know-how.
If so, there’s no need to worry because on this occasion the admin will provide several ways to restore your archived Instagram posts easily and quickly.
Anything? Check out the review, which we will describe further, yes!
How to Restore Archived Instagram Posts Without an Application
How to archive or restore Instagram posts is actually easy because you can do it directly in the Instagram application.
In other words, you don’t need to download third-party applications or additional applications.
Indeed, the method is a little tricky for users who are still new to the Archive feature on Instagram.
Below we have easy steps on how to restore archived Instagram posts without an application:
- Open the Instagram application, then log in to your Instagram account, then go to your Instagram account profile page.
- After that, please click on the icon of three lines which will take you to a new window.
- In this new window, you will find some brief options regarding your Instagram account.
- To restore an archived post, you have to open access to the archived post. Please, my friend, select Archive or Archive.
- To find the type of post in the form of a feed post, please click on the arrow-shaped icon located at the top of this new page.
- Please, my friend, click Post Archive which will later display posts that were previously shared to your Instagram feed.
- Select one of the posts that you want to restore then click the three-dot icon located above your Instagram post.
- After that, select Show on Profile in the new window that appears.
Now, you can see the Instagram post that you selected earlier on your feed page. Easy, right?
This method, you need to remember, only applies to posts in the form of photos or videos that are shared on the feed, right!
How to Restore an Archived Instagram Post If it’s in the Form of a Story
In addition to posts that are shared in the feed, users can also create and share posts in a special form, namely the Story form.
Similar to Snapchat, posts in the form of Stories can also be archived. Then, can it also be returned like a feed post?
The answer is of course you can, but it’s a little different from returning posts in the form of feeds where the return mechanism will be like reposting posts, buddy.
Here, we present the steps to easily restore archived Instagram posts in the form of Stories:
- Open the Instagram application, then log in to your Instagram account, then go to your Instagram account profile page.
- At this step, you will find a three-line icon located on your Instagram account profile page. Please click the icon.
- The icon will display a new window containing several options regarding your Instagram account.
- To restore an archived Story post, first, go to its archive page by clicking Archive or Archive.
- On this archive page, please click on the arrow-shaped icon to open access to archived Instagram Stories posts.
- Click Stories Archive.
- Please select the post in the form of a Story that you want to return.
- Please click the Share option which will take you to the Insta Stories page.
- Add some elements such as captions or stickers to previously archived Story-shaped posts.
- Then click Your Story to re-share the Story-shaped post to your followers.
How to return a post in the form of a Story has a mechanism such as creating a new post which is then re-shared.
Therefore, this method is as if it were reposting a post, my friend.
How to restore archived Instagram posts if they are in the form of live
Live is one of the powerful features that allow users to create live broadcasts and interact with anyone who watches the live broadcast or live.
Interestingly, this Live broadcast can be downloaded and saved.
However, by default, Live broadcasts will be archived automatically by Instagram so this mechanism confuses many users who want to access their Live broadcasts.
Here are the steps on how to restore an archived Instagram post in the form of Live:
- Open the Instagram application, log in to the account that you have where you have broadcast Live in it.
- Go to your Instagram account profile page.
- Pay attention to the three-line icon located on this page, click the icon to open a new window related to your Instagram account configuration.
- In this new window, click the option Archive or Archive to open the archive page containing the post Live pal.
- On the archive page, click the arrow-shaped icon. Because what you want to look for is a Live post, please click on Live Archive.
- Choose which Live posts you want to restore.
- In the Live post that you selected, click the IG TV icon that says Share or Share below it.
- Follow some brief instructions such as adding captions and descriptions to choosing a cover photo on your Live post.
- If so, please click Post.
Now your Instagram post in the form of a Live broadcast has been displayed on your Instagram account feed page so that anyone can open and watch it.
For the record, posts in the form of Live broadcasts that can be replayed must be videos with a duration of at least 1 minute.
If it’s less than one minute, posts that are Live broadcasts cannot be returned from the Archive or Archive page.
How to Restore Archived Instagram Posts If Account Deactivate
Deactivating an Instagram account through the Deactivate feature is one of the alternatives that Instagram users choose if they want to archive Instagram as a whole, not only posts but also the account.
This alternative method was chosen for several reasons, the most common of which is because the user wants to take a break from Instagram but doesn’t want his account to be misused by irresponsible people.
Like what? Here are the steps on how to restore an archived Instagram post if the account is deactivated:
- Open the Instagram app
- Log in to your Instagram account that is temporarily deactivated. Make sure the username and password match.
- No need to wait long, you will enter your Instagram account.
- Instagram will automatically rediscover all previously archived posts as long as the account is deactivated
How? Easy isn’t it?
If your account is deactivated, you don’t have to worry if you want to restore the entire archived post.
Because the way to restore it is the easiest when compared to the previous three ways.
- Why Should I Restore Archived Instagram Posts?
Actually, the choice to restore archived Instagram posts is in the hands of every user.
In other words, there is no compulsion to return archived posts.
If you want to re-display posts in the form of past memories, then restoring archived posts is the best choice.
- Is Restoring Archived Instagram Posts Safe?
Yes. Restoring archived Instagram posts is 100% safe because you don’t need any third-party apps or additional apps that require logging into your Instagram account.
- Does Restoring Instagram Posts Require Internet Connection?
Yes. Because you use the Instagram application to restore archived posts, you must be connected to an internet connection in order to connect to the Archive page.
- Where Can I Find My Instagram Posts?
You can find your Instagram posts on your Instagram account profile page which are collected in the feed.
- Why Can’t I Find Story Posts in My Feed?
Posts shared to feeds and posts shared to Insta Stories are not on the same page.
You can find Story posts on the Archive page or Archives.
- Why There Is No Archive Menu or Archive in My Instagram App?
Make sure you are using the latest version of the Instagram application because the Archive menu is not found in the older version of the Instagram application.
- Is the method of returning Instagram posts in the feed and in the form of stories or live the same?
How to return Instagram posts to posts contained in feeds or posts in the form of Story and Live are not the same but all three can be returned.
- Can Instagram Posts Be Archived Again If They’ve Been Restored Before?
Yes. You can archive Instagram posts that you want to repeat.
There is no limit to the number of times you can archive or restore archived posts.
- Why Can’t I Get Instagram Posts Back in My Feed?
There are several reasons why you can’t restore archived posts.
First, it’s likely that you haven’t been connected to an internet connection, so you can’t access the Archive or Archives page.
Both, it could be that the Instagram post that you want to restore has been permanently deleted.
If you previously selected the Delete Post option, then it is impossible for you to restore the Instagram post without the help of additional applications.
- Is It Impossible to Recover Instagram Posts I Previously Delete Permanently?
You can use some additional applications or special websites to get back posts that have been permanently deleted so that later you can return them to your Instagram.
However, the method is definitely not as easy as using the features that are in the Instagram application by default.
- Can I Return Story Posts to My Instagram Feed?
Yes. But the method is slightly different from what we mentioned above.
Buddy must save posts in the form of Stories that are stored on the Archive page or Archives first.
After that, you can share posts in the form of Stories manually, such as posting photos or videos into feeds as usual.
- Why Can’t I Find a Live Post I Returned From an Archive Page or Archive?
Returning Live posts is a bit different from feed posts as well as Story posts.
In Live posts, posts returned from the Archive page will be displayed in the form of IG TV.
Posts in the form of IG TV can later be found on your profile page. Please open the IG TV tab on your profile page.
- Is There Any Other Way to Restore Archived Instagram Posts Without Going Through the Archive Page or Archive?
It is quite difficult to restore posts if not through the Archive page or Archives because all posts hidden by users are collected on that page.
However, if you want to restore your deleted Instagram posts permanently, you can use additional applications or special websites such as Easeus Data Recovery to restore your Instagram posts.
That’s how to restore an archived Instagram post that we reviewed and explained to my friend complete with the steps.
Hopefully, this article can be useful for friends who want to restore Instagram posts that have been archived.
Good luck, buddy!