Are you confused about what CMS platform is the best for your website? Don’t worry, todaty we have shared the Best Content Management Systems.
The use of CMS (Content Management System) allows you to create websites without having to understand coding or programming languages.
However, the many choices of CMS available today may make you confused to determine which CMS platform is the most appropriate to use.
For these problems, this article will try to help you determine a CMS platform for your website by presenting some recommendations for the best website CMS that you can choose.
But before that, let’s understand first what is a CMS.
Table of Contents
What is a CMS?
CMS (Content Management Platform) is a software that allows you to create websites and manage content on them.
Without a CMS, you need to master these three programming languages to be able to create a good website.
But with the help of a CMS, you can design and maintain your website without needing to understand any programming language in depth.
How to Choose the Right CMS for Your Website
Use some of the criteria below to help you choose which CMS platform is good for you.
Make sure the CMS you choose offers convenience for you to create and edit website content.
This could mean that the platform has a drag and drop interface to add or move elements on your website page.
2. Design options
Your CMS software should have many variations of website design templates that you can use.
A good CMS will also make it easier for you to make design adjustments to your website without using coding.
3. Data accessibility
A good CMS platform should have tools that allow you to export data from your website.
For example, one day you decide to choose a different platform or a different hosting service. Data portability makes it easy for you to move with complete freedom.
4. Availability of extensions and addons
Each type or type of website must have different needs. This makes having all the features to accommodate all website needs for a CMS impossible.
Therefore, a good CMS usually allows you to use various extensions and addons according to the needs of your website.
Extensions and addons are separate software that you can install on CMS software for specific purposes.
Best CMS Recommendation 2022
WordPress.org is the most popular CMS platform used. In fact, about 42% of websites on the internet are managed using WordPress.
It is important not to confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com. WordPress.org is a free open source CMS that was originally designed for blogging but is now used by all kinds of websites/online stores. WordPress.com is a blog hosting platform.
- Offers flexibility and freedom to create any type of website (online store, auction site, membership site, etc.).
- Does not require coding skills to be able to operate it.
- There are thousands of website themes and plugins for you to use, both free and paid.
- Designed to facilitate SEO implementation, for example by creating SEO-friendly URLs, adding categories or tags to website posts.
- Because it is an open-source CMS, WordPress has a large and wide support community. This is very beneficial because it will make it easier for you to do troubleshoot when you encounter difficulties.
- Allows you to download content in XML format making it easier for you if you want to move the system forward.
- You need to install your own hosting and domain name. You are also responsible for managing the security and backups of your website.
- Because it’s so flexible and there’s a wide variety of options to choose from, sometimes learning how to use WordPress in the first place can be a bit tricky.
You can use WordPress for free. However, you need a domain name and hosting account in order to run a website via WordPress.
2. Hubspot CMS Hub
HubSpot CMS Hub is a CMS specially designed and intended for marketers and business owners.
Because it is built on the HubSpot CRM platform which includes all types of marketing automation, sales, services, and operation tools, CMS Hub is an ideal solution for growing businesses as well as large companies looking for an all-in-one system to manage their websites.
- The HubSpot website builder is quite easy to use for users who are not technically savvy.
- Has a smart content feature that can help personalize website pages for specific visitors or audience segments.
- Comes with built-in security features—including a global CDN and Web Application Firewall that keeps your site safe from DDoS threats, hackers, and other anomalies.
- Integrated with HubSpot’s CRM email marketing and sales tools.
- There is no free version available, but there is a free trial offer.
- Not suitable for eCommerce websites. However, it can be easily integrated with WordPress and WooCommerce.
There are three service plans: Starter, Professional, and Enterprise.
The Starter Package can be accessed at a price of $25/month and already has the features that are capable of running the website properly.
Service packs on it are intended for websites that are more complex and dynamic.
Joomla is a popular free open-source CMS that comes with various templates and extensions.
This CMS can be used for free. But like WordPress, you still need to pay to rent a domain name and hosting.
- Provides varied options and flexibility to create quite complex websites.
- Like WordPress, Joomla is an open-source CMS so it has a wide support community.
- Can be used to run an eCommerce store by utilizing the available extensions.
- Not suitable for beginners, it still takes some technical skills to be able to operate it properly.
- There are not many extension options available.
- There is the potential for compatibility issues to arise if you use many different extensions or modules.
Joomla can be used for free, but you still need to pay for renting a domain name and hosting your website.
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform in the world. This software is very flexible and quite easy to use.
Technically, WooCommerce is not a CMS platform, but a WordPress plugin. Then you need to use WordPress to be able to install WooCommerce.
- It’s available for free, but you’ll need WooCommerce hosting and a domain name to use it.
- There are many themes available to beautify your eCommerce.
- There are many plugins (WooCommerce plugins) that can add a lot of functionality to your website.
- Because it’s so flexible and the variety of options that you can use, sometimes learning how to use WooCommerce can be a bit tricky at first.
WooCommerce plugins are free to use, but you may need to pay for additional plugins and extensions for your online store.
You will also have to pay for renting a domain name and web hosting account.
Drupal is an open-source CMS platform that is used by many large websites, one of which is The Economist, and several well-known university websites.
Drupal is the right CMS option for developers. Especially this CMS is great if you aim to build a site that requires a lot of customization and handles a lot of data.
- The process of adding content in Drupal is very easy.
- There are many modules that you can add to your website.
- Easy user management with a built-in system where you can create roles for your team and manage access.
- Not beginner-friendly.
- Many themes are available but they are quite expensive.
Each CMS has its own advantages and disadvantages. So, choose the CMS that best suits your needs.
Alternatively, you can also consider the difference between a custom website and WordPress.
If you need help designing and creating a website, We are ready to help through our website creation services.