Windows 10 Can’t See Other Computers on Network – In the world of work, sharing data between computers is very important.
This is of course to make it easier for users to access each other’s data. In addition, this method will also make time efficiency better than having to share data manually.
In order to be able to share data, computer devices must be connected to each other in a computer network.
For those of you who are TKJ graduates, it may not be difficult to create a computer network like this. However, for ordinary people, this is certainly considered very difficult to do.
Moreover, when creating a computer network sometimes there is an obstacle experienced by the user, for example, another computer that is not visible.
Sharing files and data like this is easiest to do with a Windows computer (any version).
Back to other computer problems that are not visible, this is often found on computers with Windows 10 that share data with other versions of Windows computers.
So, how to solve Windows 10 can’t see other computers on the network? You can see more information below.
How to Fix Windows 10 Can’t See Other Computers on Network
The problem of Windows 10 not being able to find or see other computers on this network can be caused by many factors.
One of them may be because you made the wrong settings for sharing data and files.
If this is the main factor, then the most appropriate solution is to re-check the data and file-sharing settings.
If indeed you are still confused about how to solve this problem, then you can read the reviews below.
Here’s how to solve Windows 10 can’t see other computers on the network in full, namely:
1. Reset Network and Sharing Center
The first way to fix other computers not visible in Windows 10 is to reset the Network and Sharing Center.
It’s possible that you still haven’t activated the sharing feature on your computer. To set the sharing mode in the Network and Sharing Center itself, as follows:
- Click on the Start Menu or Windows logo in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- After that, select the Control Panel option.
- Then select the Network and Sharing Center option, then select Advanced Sharing Center.
- On this page you scroll down, then in the Network Discovery section select Turn On……
- Select Turn On… also in the File and Printer Sharing section.
- And also Allow Windows to manage homegroup connection.
- Don’t forget to also activate public sharing by selecting Turn on sharing so anyone.
- And finally, in the Password Protection section, you select Turn Of…
2. Reset Network and Internet
The problem of Windows 10 not being able to see other computers on the Network may also be caused by you not setting up Network and Internet properly.
To set it up, please follow these steps:
- First, you open the Windows Settings menu.
- Then select the Network and Internet option.
- Now you need to select the connection type to use. If using a LAN cable then you can choose Ethernet. However, if you use a wireless connection, you can choose Wi-Fi.
- Click on the Network icon, then enable the Make this computer access.
3. Settings in Windows Features
In some cases, the other computers in Windows 10 are not visible on the network or the network may be caused by the settings in Windows Features not being fixed.
To do so is also very easy, namely:
- The first step is to open the Command Prompt window.
- On that page, type the command optionalfeatures.exe and press the Enter key.
- Scroll down and find the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support option.
- Under these options, uncheck the SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal and SMB 1.0/CIFS Server sections.
- Meanwhile, for the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client section, the checkmark is left intact.
It’s very easy, isn’t it, how to solve Windows 10 can’t see other computers on the above network?
If all the steps above have been done but still no other computer is visible, then you can try to do a Network Reset.
Usually, this method is also quite effective in solving problems in the computer network.