Fix Mouse Double Clicks: When the mouse you use double- click / double- click itself, there is a possibility that the mouse is having a problem. Either from the components or the settings.
Of course, this needs to be overcome. Because we will not be able to use a computer or laptop properly.
So, if you want to fix it, please check here.
Causes of Mouse Double Clicks
Before continuing, you need to know what causes the mouse to double-click itself.
- Error configuring the mouse
- Problem mouse driver
- The inside of the mouse is dirty or dusty
- The mouse switch is stuck, making it hard to click
- Mouse is damaged due to the effects of long use
- Often the left mouse click is too hard (for example, because playing games)
If the cause of mouse problems is due to drivers or misconfiguration, fixing it is still fairly easy.
However, if the problem is with a damaged mouse component, you can disassemble and replace the component with a new one.
How to Overcome Double Click Mouse Issue
After knowing all the causes, now you just need to find the right solution to overcome them.
In this discussion, I have prepared several solutions. So you just need to adjust the problem and apply the method only.
Here are some ways to deal with double-clicking mouse yourself:
# 1. Replace Mouse Switch
If the mouse button switch is damaged, then you have to replace it with a new component. In some online shops, quite a lot of them sell mouse switches.
Besides that, compared to buying a new mouse, replacing the components can also save you more expenses, you know.
To replace it yourself, you need to disassemble the mouse. My experience is if we are lucky we can just disconnect from the switch. Well, but sometimes need a soldering iron too.
# 2. Putting Duct Tape on the Mouse
If you have trouble changing the mouse switch, then you can outsmart it by using duct tape.
Regarding how you can open the problematic side of the mouse button.
After that, insert the duct tape and insert it into the side of the mouse button. The duct tape will eventually block the inside of the mouse and minimize double clicks.
# 3. Reinstall Mouse Driver
Then if the damage is in the driver, you can reinstall the mouse driver. Not without reason, this is because sometimes the mouse driver can experience problems suddenly.
Regarding how you can follow the steps below:
- First, you can press the Windows key, then type Control Panel.
- Then select the Hardware and Sound menu.
- Then select the Device Manager menu.
- If so, now you are looking for the mouse driver, then right-click it.
- The final step, please select Uninstall Device.
After uninstalling, now you have to restart the computer in use. Then plug the mouse back in to start the driver installation automatically.
# 4. Check Mouse Configuration
For example, the mouse you are using only has a problem in File Explorer, usually, there is an error in its configuration.
The reason is, in File Explorer, there is a setting that allows you to click once to double click.
Then to fix it, please follow the steps below:
- First, you can open File Explorer first.
- Then click the View tab, then select the Options menu.
- Then the Folder Options dialog box will open. In this setting, you can select the option Double-click to open an item.
- If so, please click OK to apply these settings.
If you choose the single-click option to open an item, then only clicking once the mouse is used as double-clicking.
The Final Word
That is the discussion on how to fix a double-click mouse by yourself.
I made this method based on personal experience, hehe. If you want to ask something, go ahead.
May be useful.