Want to know how to download private Instagram videos easily and certainly, 100% proven successful? Only in the TechMaina.
Even though the Instagram account is private, you can still save Instagram video posts to watch offline on your smartphone.
Get to Know the Private Account Feature on Instagram
As we all know, Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms today.
Having millions of users, Instagram is the perfect place to share photos and videos and enjoy interesting content from other users.
Over time, as a social media application that really pays attention to the user experience of its users, Instagram consistently presents new features.
One of the most useful features on Instagram and has been used by many users is the Private Account feature.
This feature allows users to “lock” their Instagram accounts.
Locking here means that only selected Instagram accounts can see posts from the Instagram account owner who activates the Private Account feature.
This way, Instagram posts are not shared publicly.
Reasons for Activating the Private Account Feature
For friends who are fairly newbies in using the Instagram application, maybe you will wonder why many Instagram users activate the Private Account feature.
Instagram itself certainly presents this feature not without reason or just for fun.
It is proven by many “locked” accounts being found where you can easily find them on the Instagram application
Well, some of the reasons why many Instagram users choose to make their Instagram account private, namely:
- 1. Improve account security
Social media applications that involve users’ personal data are indeed very risky for internet crimes such as hacking which almost never dies.
Enabling the Private Account feature is one of the first steps to securing an Instagram account.
- 2. Feeling snooped or spied on
The stalk trend is closely related to Instagram. Don’t want foreigners to be curious about what’s posted on Instagram?
Activating the Private Account feature is one of the right solutions.
- 3. Many posts are more personal in nature
Everyone can share anything on Instagram.
However, many users choose to activate the Private Account feature so that personal posts cannot be seen by all Instagram accounts.
- 4. To avoid fake accounts
Fake accounts or fake accounts are very rampant on Instagram.
Because of this, many users decide to make their Instagram accounts because these fake accounts have the potential to abuse the posts that are shared.
Features of a Private Instagram Account
The Private Account feature is available by default in the Instagram application so that anyone can use this feature that is considered very functional.
Interestingly, accounts that are activating the Private Account feature can be identified easily.
This is because it has several differences that make it different from an account that does not activate the Private Account feature.
Some of the characteristics of private Instagram accounts, namely:
- 1. There is a block icon when opening an Instagram profile
This is one of the most striking characteristics of an account that activates the Private Account feature.
When you try to open an Instagram account but what appears is a padlock icon, it’s clear that the account is a private account.
- 2. Can’t directly follow
Following or following an Instagram account actually only needs to click the “Follow” option.
But on a private account, if you want to follow an account like this, you have to wait for permission from the related account first.
- 3. Posts can’t be seen without following them
If you don’t follow or follow an Instagram account that is activating the Private Account feature, it’s impossible for you to be able to see posts shared by the related account.
- 4. Can’t repost Instagram Story
If you get a mention in a Story post from an account that activates the Private Account feature, unlike a public Instagram account, you can’t repost the Story post.
Maybe my friend wants to try this one feature after knowing its characteristics?
How to Download Instagram Videos That Are Private 100% Work
As we mentioned above, posts from Instagram accounts that are activating the Private Account feature will not be displayed if you don’t follow and get follow permission from the related account.
Of course, this confuses many users who want to download videos that are shared in the form of Instagram posts from private accounts. Buddy one of them?
If so, you don’t need to worry because the admin has several recommendations on how to download Instagram video posts that are shared by accounts that activate the Private Account feature.
It’s definitely safe because you don’t need to log in to your Instagram account to applications or websites that are still gray.
#1. How to Download Private Instagram Videos Without an Application
Private accounts certainly have additional protection so that they are difficult to reach by applications or websites that provide services for downloading Instagram photos and videos.
Therefore, my friend does not need to be surprised and confused why it is so difficult to download video posts shared by Instagram accounts that activate the Private Account feature.
This first method, we present for friends who are looking for a 100% proven way to download Instagram videos from private accounts, namely by using the screen recording feature on your Android smartphone or iPhone.
How to? Here’s how to download private Instagram videos without any additional applications:
- Open your Instagram application and make sure you follow or follow an Instagram account that activates the Private Account feature.
- Go to the private Instagram account profile to find the video post that you want to download.
- When the video post is displayed, swipe your smartphone screen (Android and iPhone are more or less the same way) to find the screen recording icon aka screen recording.
- Click the icon to start the screen recorder process.
- Click the screen recording icon again to stop the screen recording process.
Videos that have been successfully created using the built-in screen recorder feature on Android and iOS smartphones will later be saved in your gallery.
Downloading Instagram videos belonging to other users whose accounts are private is actually the same as downloading Instagram videos on an account that is not locked or shared with the public.
The only difference is that you have to follow or follow an account that activates the Private Account feature first in order to get access to view photo and video posts that the account shares, pal.
This is the key to downloading Instagram videos on Instagram Private Accounts and there are still many users who are confused even though the method is more or less the same.
#2. How to Download Private Instagram Videos With Ins Mate Application
Download videos on Instagram that are private can use several media.
One of them is an additional application available on the Google Play Store such as Ins Mate.
The following are the steps on how to download Instagram videos from a Private Account using the Ins Mate application:
- Run the Ins Mate application that you previously installed from the Google Play Store.
- Give permissions access to your gallery on the Ins Mate application.
- Please switch to the Instagram application and then specify which video posts from the private account you want to download.
- On the video post that appears, click on the three-dot icon which will open options related to the video post.
- Select Copy Link or Copy Link.
- Open the Ins Mate application again.
- Paste Link or Paste Link in the column on the main page of the Ins Mate application.
- Click log in to Download to your Instagram account.
- Click Download then wait until the application displays a preview of the Instagram video that you will download.
- If the preview is successfully displayed, the Inst Mate application will immediately download or automatically download the Instagram video.
Anti-complicated, now Instagram videos from accounts that activate the Private Account feature are automatically saved in your smartphone gallery.
#3. How to Download Private Instagram Videos With Downloader Application For Instagram
There are a variety of additional applications that you can make your choice to download Instagram videos from accounts that activate the Private Account feature so that the shared video posts cannot be seen by all Instagram users.
In the next method, there is an interesting application called Downloader for Instagram.
Despite its small size, it has powerful features for downloading various posts on Instagram, including videos shared by private accounts.
The following are easy steps on how to download private Instagram videos using the Downloader for Instagram application:
- Install it on the Google Play Store then run the Downloader for the Instagram application.
- First, activate the permission on the Downloader for Instagram application to access the gallery or files on your smartphone.
- Switch to the Instagram application, specify the video post from which private account you want to download and watch offline.
- Click the three-dot icon on the currently displayed video post.
- Select the Copy Link or Copy Link option.
- Open the Downloader for the Instagram application again.
- On the main page of the application, paste the link or paste the link from the private account video post that you selected earlier.
- Click log in to Instagram to go to the next page.
- Click Check URL then wait until the Downloader for Instagram application displays a preview of the video to be downloaded.
- Click Save Video to download then save the video to your smartphone.
The Downloader for Instagram application has a very simple application display so you won’t be confused even if it’s your first time using this application.
#4. Download Private Instagram Videos With Video Downloader
There are many applications for downloading Instagram videos from public and private accounts.
Not infrequently, these applications deceive users because their names are similar to each other, some applications also, unfortunately, don’t work optimally so they feel awkward.
However, if you use the Video Downloader for the Instagram application, you don’t need to worry.
The following is a tutorial on how to download private Instagram videos with the Video Downloader for Instagram application:
- Run the Video Downloader for the Instagram application that is already installed on your smartphone.
- Give permission to the Video Downloader for Instagram application to access the gallery and files on your smartphone so that you can download videos later.
- Switch to your Instagram app, go to your private account profile to find the video post you want to download.
- Click the three-dot icon on the video post and then select the Copy Link or Copy Link option.
- Open the Video Downloader for the Instagram application again.
- Paste the link or paste the link of the video post that you previously selected in the column that appears on the main page of the application.
- Click Download then wait until the Video Downloader for Instagram application displays a preview of the video that you will download.
- Select Download Video in the video preview that appears to start the download process.
It doesn’t take long, the video will be directly stored in your smartphone gallery for offline viewing.
This application is one that is trusted and 100% works for downloading Instagram videos from accounts that activate the Private Account feature.
#5. How to Download Private Instagram Videos With XRecorder Application
The next and last method is an alternative option that you can use if your Android smartphone is not yet available with the default screen recorder feature.
On older versions of Android, it was impossible to find a feature that allows users to record the screen so third-party applications that offer this kind of feature appear, one of which is XRecorder.
Trusted, my friend can trick this XRecorder application to download Instagram video posts from accounts that activate the Private Account feature.
How to? The following is a tutorial on how to download private Instagram videos with the XRecorder application:
- Run the XRecorder application that you have installed on the Google Play Store.
- Follow the instructions contained in the XRecorder application such as giving the application permissions to access files on the Android smartphone.
- If you have followed all the instructions, including activating the check on the access permission, the XRecorder application will display a shortcut to record the screen.
- Switch to your Instagram application, select the video post from the private account that you want to download.
- Start the screen recording process on the displayed video post by clicking the shortcut.
- Click the stop icon on the shortcut to stop the screen recording process.
Later, the videos that you have successfully recorded using a shortcut from the XRecorder application will be automatically saved on your smartphone to be enjoyed offline.
FAQ’S on Downloading Private Instagram Videos
- Where Can I Download Instagram App To Find Videos Shared With Private Accounts?
The Google Play Store application is available on both the Google Play Store and the App Store.
This application can run on devices with the Android operating system and iOS operating system.
- Is it illegal to download Instagram videos belonging to private accounts?
No. Downloading Instagram videos that belong to an account that activates the Private Account feature is not an illegal act because the videos you download will be private consumption.
It’s a different story if you distribute the video without the owner’s consent. Obviously, this is an illegal act.
- Why Do I Need to Download Videos from a Private Instagram Account?
There are several reasons why you need or not to download videos from an Instagram account that activates the private account feature.
All back to user needs.
If you want to enjoy posting videos from certain Instagram accounts offline so as to save internet usage, then downloading videos from the Instagram account in question is necessary.
- Should I Activate the Private Account Feature to Download Instagram Videos Owned by Private Accounts?
No. You don’t need to participate in activating the Private Account feature, only to download Instagram videos shared by Instagram accounts that activate the Private Account feature.
- What If Instagram Freezes My Instagram Account For Downloading Instagram Videos from Private Accounts?
No need to worry because Instagram will not freeze your Instagram account because you don’t log into your Instagram account in another application.
- Does Downloading Instagram Videos from Private Accounts Require Internet Connection?
Yes. You need an internet connection if you want to download Instagram videos from an account that activates the Private Account feature.
Because later on, you have to open the Instagram application to find the video post you want to download.
- Do I have to follow a private Instagram account before downloading the video posts that he shares?
Yes. Following or following an Instagram account that activates the Private Account feature is an absolute requirement if you want to download videos that the account shares.
Video posts can only be seen by accounts that have been approved by the owner of the private Instagram account.
So if you don’t follow it, it’s impossible for you to find the video post that you want to download.
- Is it safe to download Instagram videos from private accounts using the Screen Recorder feature?
Yes. Downloading or downloading videos that are shared from Instagram accounts that activate the screen recorder feature is fairly safe.
The reason is, that this feature is a built-in feature so you don’t need to download additional applications that do not escape the risk of data theft or your Instagram account being hacked.
- Will Instagram Give Notifications to Instagram Account Owners whose Video Posts I Download Using the Screen Recorder Feature?
No. The Instagram application will not notify the owner of the Instagram account whose video you have downloaded using the screen recorder feature.
- What If There Is No Built-in Screen Recorder Feature on My Smartphone?
No need to worry if you don’t find a built-in screen recorder feature on your smartphone.
There are quite a few additional screen recorder applications that you can install on the Google Play Store specifically for Android users.
Besides Using the Screen Recorder Feature, What Are Other Ways To Download Instagram Videos From A Safe Private Account?
We does not guarantee 100% download of Instagram videos from accounts that activate the Private Account feature other than using the screen recorder feature built by HP is safe.
This is because it requires logging into your Instagram account on the Instagram video download service provider application.
- What Risks Will I Get If I Login to My Instagram Account Through the Ins Mate Application, Video Downloader for Instagram, and Video Downloader for Instagram?
The worst possibility is that your Instagram account will be hacked by irresponsible people.
Why is that? Because you have logged in to your Instagram account in an application that is not part of the Instagram developer.
- So, Is Using Ins Mate Application, Video Downloader for Instagram, and Video Downloader for Instagram Media Quota Not Recommend?
If the goal is to download Instagram videos from a public account, aka an account that doesn’t activate the Private Account feature, the three websites are actually safe and 100% recommended.
However, because it requires logging into an Instagram account if you want to download videos from a private account, the choice is yours.
We personally recommend these three applications as an alternative option only.
- How about the XRecorder App? Is it Safe to Download Instagram Videos Owned by Private Accounts?
Because it is a third-party screen recorder application that does not require a login process to an Instagram account, the XRecorder application is 100% safe for all of you to use.
Those are some ways to download Instagram videos that are private in the Kuota Media version, you can choose which method is the most suitable for you to use.
Hopefully, this article can be useful for friends who want to download Instagram videos on private accounts.
Good luck, mate!