In this article, we are going to share with you how to find out who made a fake Instagram account.
Instagram is getting more popular and more and more users. Among the many IG user accounts, there are fake or fake even quite a percentage.
This of course makes Instagram users confused, so many then want to know how to find out the owner of a fake IG account out of curiosity.
How to Find out Who the Fake IG Account Belongs to
In order to find out who the fake IG account belongs to, it is necessary to investigate and analyze. The following things need to be done.
1. Look for the Blue Tick
First, of course, you must be able to distinguish between the original account and the fake account first. On Instagram, there are a lot of fake Instagram accounts that are created and circulated.
Be it the name of the artist’s Instagram account or celebrity or it could be the name of a popular figure, which is very much in number. As a guideline, pay attention to the blue checkmark.
If an account of a popular figure already has a blue checkmark, it can be ascertained that the account is genuine. Thus, accounts with other similar names are fake accounts and can be removed.
The problem that arises is if there is no blue checkmark at all. So it takes extra effort to find out someone’s real account.
2. Analyze IG Account First Name
The first way is to find out the first name of the creator of an IG account. The method is as follows.
- Open or visit the Instagram profile of an allegedly fake or fake Ig account.
- To find out whether the IG account has been changed or renamed or not, press the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
- Then select the menu selection option about this account.
So next, everything related to information about the account can be seen, and it can be seen whether there has been a previous username or not.
On this page, a history of user name changes that have been made by the Instagram owner will appear, including the time of the change, both data in the form of date, month, and year of the change as well.
Based on this information, it can be seen that most likely the first previous username is the real name or the original identity of the owner of the Instagram account.
So look and note and pay attention to the name or username of the Instagram account.
Then by using this data, a search can be carried out on Google to find out the other identities of the first name of the creator of an IG account that is suspected to be fake or fake about who his true identity is.
3. Track IG Account with Search Feature
It can also be done using the search feature or Explore to get more information. This method is quite easy, all you need to do is trace it through its name data.
Any person’s name can be searched this way, but make sure first that the person’s name has created an Instagram account because if the search doesn’t work, it’s very likely that the person you’re looking for doesn’t have an IG account.
Here are the steps to track someone’s IG account using the Explore search feature on the Instagram application.
- Open and Run the Instagram app.
- Then tap the search icon at the bottom.
- So the explorer menu will open.
- Then type the name of the person you want to search for in the search field.
- Then next look for an IG account that matches the name, because Instagram will then give suggestions or suggestions regarding the accounts associated with that name.
- You can choose one of the IG account names that most closely resembles the name and especially the Ig account name that already has a blue checkmark.
If there is too much search history, it would be better to clean it, like these tips How to Delete Searches on Ig
- How To Reactivate Instagram Account If It’s Disabled
- How to Recover Temporary Locked Instagram Account
4. Tracking IG Accounts Using Mobile Numbers
The next way to track an IG account is to use a cellphone number. In this way, you will need the mobile number of the person whose IG account you want to find.
You can also use the contact list that is already on your smartphone. This method does not require and does not use any additional applications.
Here are the steps on how to track an IG account using that cellphone number.
- Open and run the Instagram application on your smartphone
- Then go to the profile page of an existing IG account that has been created and is active.
- Next, just press the three-line icon on the top corner.
- Then go to the Find People menu.
- Then select the Connect Contact menu.
- Next Select the Start option
- Then give permission to Instagram to be able to access the contacts on the cellphone.
- So that the behavior will appear several IG accounts related to contacts that are already on the cellphone.
For everyone who uses a cellphone number in his IG account and has owned and recorded the number on the cellphone used to open an IG account, suggestions for the names of the related IG accounts will appear in the Suggestion column.
How to track an IG account on this one is indeed quite easy. But this method can also fail if some people don’t register their IG account using their cellphone number but use email to register an Instagram account.
5. How to Track an IG Account Using FB Friends
Next, you can also track your IG account name using a Facebook account. If you are friends with that person on Facebook, then you can try using this method to be able to track that person’s IG account.
By connecting an iG account to Facebook, Instagram will then provide a number of suggested IG accounts from several IG account names that have become friends on Facebook.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open and run the Instagram application first.
- Then go to the profile page
- Then Press the three-line icon located in the top corner
- Next, tap on the Find People menu or Discover People
- Then select Connect to the Facebook menu.
- Next, log in using your FB account.
- Then after connecting with FB, it will appear in the friend suggestions menu.
- The next step is to just find the intended IG account.
- It’s easy isn’t it, but unfortunately, not everyone connects their Facebook account to their Instagram account.
So this method may also not work because of this.
6. Tracking IG Accounts Using Photos
Next, you can try this method. You can try using the Google search engine as a way to track someone’s IG account.
What is needed is a photo of someone who wants to find his IG account. This method can be used to track anyone’s pictures and can even track scammers’ IG accounts and so on.
Just make sure that the photo is clear and not blurry. The following is how to track an IG account using photos on a search engine or Google search engine.
Open and visit the Google Images page via PC, can use a laptop or desktop.
It is also possible if you want to use a cellphone, by activating desktop mode first.
- Then click the camera icon.
- Then select the Upload image option.
- Next, upload a photo of the person you want to track their IG account.
- Then just wait for the upload process to finish.
- Then the search results will appear. Then just browse.
This method is also very effective in knowing and tracking the owner of the IG account whose photos are used on a fake IG account or fake IG account.
The related account is not always at the top of the list, but it could be in the middle or bottom of the list.
In addition, you can also analyze and pay attention to who is followed and followers of the account.
7. Account Number
If you have already made a transaction, try to check the account mutation, see the recipient’s name and account number.
Or you can copy and paste the account number in a google search, it will appear there.
So here, if there is something odd, for example, fraudulent numbers, etc., you can check one by one.